Welcome back to creative entertaining. Last weekend I were part of the planning for a 13th birthday party and our client was so happy she featured us on a lifestyle post in her business blog. Today I am sharing part of that post and telling you about my 5 benefits to hiring an event planner!
1. You’ll get more for your dollar– Planners often have connections to vendors and wholesalers. They can negotiate with these contacts and get you the best deals.
2. They are creative! Planners have done this before and will have creative ways of putting things together to make your event look awesome without breaking the budget!
3. Someone is there to help you set up and tear down. Hosting a party can be a long day and having someone on site to help you – or do the setting up for you – can be a huge stress reliever!
4. Planners can help you develop your theme and stay focused. There are so many options these days! Having someone help you stay on track and coordinate the different aspects of the event can be very helpful.
5. Your time is valuable- this is their job. Hire someone who is priced reasonably and you will enjoy giving your input and then letting the professionals get things done so you can work on everything else going on in your life.
Stay tuned for delicious muffin recipes tomorrow! and wedding planning tips later this week.
The super bowl is next weekend so i’ve dedicated this week’s blog posts to super bowl parties! It seems to be a very busy weekend for parties and entertaining so I thought it would be the perfect time to share easy recipes, decorating ideas and entertaining tips.
Today’s post: my top 3 entertaining tips for a party with boys
1. Make sure you have enough drinks for everyone! You want to have a lot of ice on hand and ensure you keep those drinks cold for your guests (if you are serving alcohol please make sure everyone has a safe way home!)
I love the use of frozen water filled balloons to keep drinks cold. Add these to a beer bucket to make them more man-friendly.
2. Arrange to have a variety of finger foods instead of one meal. Super Bowl parties are all about snacks and appetizers! I’ll be sharing some super simple, super delicious recipes later this week so you can serve great food without being stuck in the kitchen all day/night!
3. Have enough seats. This is really important if you’re having a group over. This party is all about a televised event so your guests will want to sit down and be comfortable. Play around with your furniture and don’t be afraid of rentals! Most companies have decent prices, quite a few options and they deliver.
This weekend was filled with brides, sparkles and colors. My weekend inspired this post- Pantone’s color of the year (2014) is Radiant Orchid is slowly starting to show up and it’s exciting. I was kind of surprised by this color choice, but I like it. It’s bright, comes in many pretty shades and goes well with other colors and neutrals (which I love!).
To brighten up your Monday, here’s a little color inspiration!
In your home
In your closet
For events & weddings
Gourmet sandwiches and products I love: kitchen edition still coming up this week!