Welcome back to creative entertaining. Last weekend I were part of the planning for a 13th birthday party and our client was so happy she featured us on a lifestyle post in her business blog. Today I am sharing part of that post and telling you about my 5 benefits to hiring an event planner!
1. You’ll get more for your dollar– Planners often have connections to vendors and wholesalers. They can negotiate with these contacts and get you the best deals.
2. They are creative! Planners have done this before and will have creative ways of putting things together to make your event look awesome without breaking the budget!
3. Someone is there to help you set up and tear down. Hosting a party can be a long day and having someone on site to help you – or do the setting up for you – can be a huge stress reliever!
4. Planners can help you develop your theme and stay focused. There are so many options these days! Having someone help you stay on track and coordinate the different aspects of the event can be very helpful.
5. Your time is valuable- this is their job. Hire someone who is priced reasonably and you will enjoy giving your input and then letting the professionals get things done so you can work on everything else going on in your life.
Stay tuned for delicious muffin recipes tomorrow! and wedding planning tips later this week.
With the cold weather and engagement season in full swing I have been in total wedding mode lately- Pinterest, meetings and crafts have taken over my life but I have to say- I absolutely love it!
I’ve been chatting (and writing) a lot about entertaining, decor, recipes etc. And although men probably benefit of the recipes.. I don’t want them to feel left out! So today’s wedding wednesday is for the boys! (and maybe for the girls since you will probably be doing some of this shopping).
Groomsmen gifts can be a little tricky so I collected a few of my favourite ideas for you!
I love these personalized cufflinks- in my mind wedding party gifts are all about adding a personal touch and making those close to you feel extra special- this gift does that perfectly!
Boat shoes! What a great gift, these are the perfect show for everyman
Every man needs a great wedding/survival kit. A tie, some whiskey, a cigar and some steak spice is pretty much all they need!
The super bowl is next weekend so i’ve dedicated this week’s blog posts to super bowl parties! It seems to be a very busy weekend for parties and entertaining so I thought it would be the perfect time to share easy recipes, decorating ideas and entertaining tips.
Today’s post: my top 3 entertaining tips for a party with boys
1. Make sure you have enough drinks for everyone! You want to have a lot of ice on hand and ensure you keep those drinks cold for your guests (if you are serving alcohol please make sure everyone has a safe way home!)
I love the use of frozen water filled balloons to keep drinks cold. Add these to a beer bucket to make them more man-friendly.
2. Arrange to have a variety of finger foods instead of one meal. Super Bowl parties are all about snacks and appetizers! I’ll be sharing some super simple, super delicious recipes later this week so you can serve great food without being stuck in the kitchen all day/night!
3. Have enough seats. This is really important if you’re having a group over. This party is all about a televised event so your guests will want to sit down and be comfortable. Play around with your furniture and don’t be afraid of rentals! Most companies have decent prices, quite a few options and they deliver.
Today I am sharing some of my favourite DIY home organization projects. When it’s this cold out, craft time and a hot chocolate sounds like the perfect Sunday
What I love about these projects is that most of them can be done with items you already have at home!
Using an old frame or window shutter to hang jewellery is an awesome idea! I love the look of having everything displayed so it can easily be found yet be organized and look nice.
Does anyone else have a scarf obsession? I have SO many and this DIY project is perfect to keep them all in one spot. Using shower curtain hooks and zip ties- this super functional piece is easy to make and fits right in the closet!
When it comes to crafts Martha Stewart knows best! Check out this post about how to create this awesome etched glass jars to stay organized in the kitchen.
Tomorrow i’ll be posting 3 delicious weekend crockpot recipes.